Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of your Vodacom Contract Cover or Contract Cover Plus Policy. It is important that you read and keep this document in a safe place. The insurer is Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Limited, a registered insurance company.
On receipt of the cover activation SMS, please ensure that you review the terms and conditions in detail as well as the information you provided to us. Contact us immediately if you find any inaccuracies or require us to clarify anything for you.
To be eligible for cover under the policy, you must meet the following conditions at the start date:
1. You must be at least 18 years old.
2. You must have a contract (Postpaid, Topup or uChoose) with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
3. The insurance cover is optional, and you must agree to the terms and conditions of the policy.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you are acknowledging that:
1. You have accepted the cover and that you understand all the features, benefits, limitations and costs associated with the Vodacom Contract Cover or Contract Cover Plus.
2. You give Vodacom Life Assurance Company permission to add a monthly premium of R9,99 or R6,99 to your Vodacom contract bill.
3. You have considered and found this specific product to be applicable to your current financial needs, objectives and circumstances.
SECTION A – POLICY BENEFITS
What we will pay for
Depending on your choice of cover (Contract Cover R 6,99 or Contract Cover Plus R 9,99), the following benefits will apply:
Contract Cover Plus
1. If you should die during the period of insurance, we will pay a lump sum benefit equal to all the subscription fees and device financing costs in respect of the outstanding term of your Vodacom contract. This benefit will be paid to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd in order to fulfil your contractual obligation to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
2. An amount of R5,000 will also be paid to your chosen beneficiary or to your estate, if a beneficiary is not chosen to assist with any death related costs.
3. The rights under this policy are limited to your Vodacom contract. This policy cannot be used to protect any person other than you.
1. If you should die during the period of insurance, we will pay a lump sum benefit equal to all the subscription fees and device financing costs in respect of the outstanding term of your Vodacom contract. This benefit will be paid to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd in order to fulfil your estate’s contractual obligation to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd. More importantly this means that you will have peace of mind knowing that your family will not be harassed for outstanding payments while they are still grieving for their loss. The rights under this policy are limited to your Vodacom contract. This policy cannot be used to protect any person other than you.
What we do not pay for
This policy is limited to Death only claims and does NOT provide cover for disability or retrenchment.
We will also not pay any benefit if your death arises directly or indirectly from any of the following:
1. War, riot, radioactive contamination, nuclear accidents and similar risks;
2. Use of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, or any radioactive contamination;
3. Attacks on or sabotage of facilities (including but not limited to nuclear power plants, reprocessing plants, final repository sites and research reactors) and storage depots which lead to the release of radioactivity or nuclear, biological or chemical warfare agents;
SECTION C - CLAIMS
Should you die, your chosen beneficiary can email us at [email protected] to lodge a claim. The death notification must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Vodacom Contract Cover Claims Form
2. Certified copy of death certificate of the deceased
3. Certified copy of ID of the deceased
The Vodacom Legal team will submit a claim on your behalf (the account holder) directly to Vodacom Life Assurance Company after validating that you have passed on. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd will settle and close the account upon receipt of claims approval from Vodacom Insurance Finance team. If you chose Contract Cover Plus an amount of R5,000 will also be paid to your chosen beneficiaryor to your estate, if a beneficiary is not chosen to assist with any death related costs. Your number will be changed to a prepaid number (if requested to do so) and the device will be left with your beneficiary.
Claim notification period
Your chosen beneficiary must submit the claim as soon as reasonably possible up to a maximum of 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the date of the event giving rise to the claim.
SECTION D - WHEN THE COVER ENDS
Your insurance cover will end, and no further benefit will be payable as soon as one of the following happens:
1. A benefit is paid in respect of your death;
2. If you cancels the insurance contract by calling 082 135 or by visiting the Vodacom shop;
3. The date your device contract ends with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
Please note that when your insurance cover under this policy ends it will not have a cash value.
SECTION E – CESSION
You do hereby under this policy and in terms of this cession, cede, assign and transfer all your rights, title and interest in and to this Policy, to and in favour of Vodacom (Pty) Ltd as collateral security for the outstanding term of your device contract.
SECTION F - GENERAL CONDITIONS
Cancellation of cover
You can cancel your policy at any time after receipt of your cover activation SMS. The policy has a cooling off period of 30 days. You will receive a refund of any premiums already paid unless the insurer has already been notified of a claim.
After this initial 30 days cooling off period this policy may be cancelled by you at any time by visiting Vodacom shop or phoning our call centre. If you cancel your policy after the cooling off period, the premiums paid will not be refunded to you as you would have had the benefit of cover. The agreement will come to an end immediately and no cover will be provided after that date. We have the right to cancel your policy either in writing or telephonically subject to 30 (thirty) days’ notice.
If Vodacom Life Assurance Company does not receive the premium payment on the due date, you will not have cover for the period for which you did not pay. Vodacom Life Assurance Company will allow at least a 30-day period of grace for the payment of premiums.
1. The 30-day period of grace applies from the date the premium was due. If Vodacom does not receive the premium payments for 2 months in a row, the policy will be cancelled automatically.
2. For an account in arrears but within a grace period and where Vodacom (Pty) Ltd has not cancelled the contract (i.e. in good standing), Vodacom Life Assurance Company will honour the claim in full.
3. Insurance cover is automatically suspended if the Sim card is barred or disconnected by Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
You can apply for cover from the date of your 18th birthday.
If any claim under your policy involves fraud, misrepresentation or false information, the agreement may be cancelled. In this case, no pay-outs will be made, and no monthly payments will be refunded
Change of Details
It is your responsibility to inform us immediately in writing of any changes to the original details supplied on your application for this policy.
Changes to Your Policy
We have the right to change the terms and conditions, the premium rate, or cancel your policy. If we do, you will be advised in writing at least 30 days before the change or cancellation takes effect.
SECTION G - COMPLAINTS & COMPLIANCE
Complaints & Queries
We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or the benefit offering, please give us a chance to resolve the matter. To ensure our focused attention, please use the following contact details if you have any query or complaint about this policy:
• Call: 082 135
Should your beneficiary wish to dispute the claim decision, they have to do so within 180 days of receiving a formal communication about the outcome of the claim. They must submit the reasons for the dispute in writing for it to be re-assessed. If they would like to institute legal proceedings, it must be done within 180 days of receiving a formal communication of the claim outcome.
Should you still be dissatisfied with the outcome, you can direct complaints about our services to the FAIS Ombud and complaints about our products to the Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance using the following contact details:
• Telephone: 0860 103 236
• Fax: +27 21 674 0951
• E-mail [email protected]
• Address: Private Bag x45, Claremont, 7735
Confidentiality and sharing of information
By taking out this policy, you hereby authorize Vodacom Life Assurance Company to obtain personal information from you, and when required, to share it with our third party service providers for the purposes of providing the services and benefits to which this Policy relates.
Your personal information will be stored, processed and used only by our service providers to the extent that is necessary to provide the contracted services. Please refer to our privacy notice for a description of how we process your personal information.
This Privacy notice applies to the use of, purchase or other interaction with Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Ltd. Unless context dictates otherwise, the Vodacom Privacy Statement on https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/privacy-policy/terms shall also apply to all interactions with Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Ltd, regarding any collection, use or other processing of personal information.
Personal Information Collected
· Vodacom only collects personal information required to enter into an insurance agreement, and provide the related services in relation to the agreement;
· Information collected by Vodacom includes, Name and Surname, Identity Number, Contact Number, Email Address, Bank Account Number and Policy Agreement Number.
· Vodacom does not obtain additional personal information from other sources, without your express consent.
Uses and Sharing
· Vodacom processes the information to provide you with contract cover as per agreement, for purposes of entering into or performing in terms of a contract and may use the information to provide you with information on related products or offer discount certain offerings;
· Vodacom will use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it;
· Vodacom does not share your personal information with other marketers unless Vodacom have obtained your explicit consent. If you do not provide your consent, Vodacom will not share your personal information;
· When Vodacom provides personal information to companies that perform services on our behalf, Vodacom require those companies to handle the personal information in accordance with our full privacy notice, as well as applicable privacy legislation. These companies cannot use your personal information for any other purpose than the reason you provided it to us.
· You may access personal information that Vodacom holds about you. You can ask us to correct any errors or delete the personal information Vodacom have about you;
· You may opt-out of any marketing messages or further contact from us;
· To protect your privacy, Vodacom may have to verify your identity before Vodacom can give you access to, or change, personal information about you.
How to Contact Us
· Call us on 082 135