What is DebiCheck?
1. DebiCheck is a new type of debit order that replaces the existing Authenticated Early Debit Orders (AEDO) and Non-Authenticated Early Debit Orders (NAEDO) debit orders that ensures consumers are in control of debit orders being processed on their bank accounts
2. DebiCheck does not affect traditional EFT debit orders.
3. DebiCheck reduces the risk of an incorrect or a fraudulent debit orders going off your bank account.
4. DebiCheck requires the customer to confirm their debit order with their bank when entering into a contract with Vodacom, thereby giving Vodacom permission to collect on their monthly premium. This is known as a DebiCheck Mandate.
5. In the event that a customer does not respond to a DebiCheck Mandate, Vodacom may submit a Registered Mandate Service (RMS) mandate to the customer’s bank to recover any outstanding debit order amount (namely, the “collection amount”).
6. A DebiCheck mandate comprises two key values, namely:
a. A mandated payment instruction from the customer’s bank, presented in the form of an electronic record, to collect money from the customer.
b. A threshold amount which is the maximum monetary value of a transaction that may be collected by Vodacom from the customer as negotiated between Vodacom and the customer. This is particularly important as mobile contracts are usage based and the monthly collection value can vary from month to month.
How does DebiCheck work?
1. When you apply for a product/service from Vodacom, a mandate request will be sent to the Vodacom Account Holders bank.
2. The Account holder’s bank will send a request to confirm the DebiCheck mandate for approval to the Account Holder.
3. The request to approve a mandate is only valid for a limited period of time as specified by the Account Holder’s Bank.
4. Once the mandate is approved, the bank will load the information on a mandate register and send a confirmation message back to Vodacom.
1. Vodacom will only debit your account via the DebiCheck debit order process if the DebiCheck mandate has been approved by the Bank Account Holder.
2. For DebiCheck mandates that are not responded to, a Registered Mandate Service (RMS) mandate may be submitted for debit order collection.
3. When you receive a DebiCheck mandate from your bank, to authorize Vodacom to debit your account for your monthly bill, the mandate will include a threshold amount. As a minimum, this amount includes but is not limited to; products and services, out of bundle usage, and all recurring and non-recurring bundles.
4. If this threshold is exceeded, you will receive a DebiCheck amendment, which requires a new threshold amount to be accepted by you, as your bill exceeds the current threshold amount.
5. If the threshold amount is exceeded, Vodacom may collect outstanding amounts via the normal EFT debit order method.
6. Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material, Vodacom will provide you with reasonable prior written notice before implementing any change.
7. Vodacom is committed to collecting and processing your Personal Information in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (PoPIA). In certain instances Vodacom might be required to pass limited personal information, in encrypted format, to third parties to process DebiCheck Mandates. In addition, Vodacom may be obligated to disclose personal information to meet any legal or regulatory requirements of applicable laws.
DebiCheck Cancellations and Suspensions
1. DebiCheck mandates can be cancelled at your bank for contracts that have reached term.
2. DebiCheck mandates can also be suspended at your bank for a certain period of time, and unsuspended when the DebiCheck mandates needs to resume.
3. Suspending the DebiCheck mandate does not cancel a contract that is still within term nor does it mean that if an amount is due on the account, Vodacom will not collect on outstanding monies.
4. For all once off payments and monies outstanding for mandates that are canceled or suspended, the normal EFT collections process may apply.