1. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is an optional service offering Vodacom Fibre customers broadband data access via mobile data access technologies during a Vodacom Fibre Broadband service interruption as detailed in the Vodacom Fibre terms and conditions.
2. The Vodacom Fibre and Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up terms and conditions are available at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre.
3. The detailed Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up offering is available at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre.
4. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is subject to Vodacom’s Standard terms and
5. Where there is any conflict between the Vodacom Standard terms and conditions and the Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service terms and conditions, the last mentioned shall prevail.
Provision of the Mobile Back-up service
6. Vodacom can only provide the Mobile Back-up service where there is Vodacom GSM 4G, 3G or 2.5G network presence.
7. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service will be offered as an optional service for Vodacom Fibre customers.
8. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is only available on a 24-month service contract.
9. The provision of the Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is subject to credit vetting.
10. Vodacom does not warrant an uninterrupted Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service should there be a Vodacom Fibre service interruption.
Commencement and Duration
11. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service contract start date commences on the date of acceptance of delivery of the mobile modem and GSM SIM by the customer.
12. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service contract shall remain in force for the initial period as defined by the contract period (i.e. 24 months) where after it shall continue on a month to month basis.
13. The customer can renew or cancel the contract after the initial Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up contract period.
14. . When a Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service contract is terminated before the initial period, an early cancellation penalty will apply, equivalent to all of the remaining subscriptions due for the initial period.
15. Customers will need to inform Vodacom one (1) calendar month in advance for any cancellation/termination request to enable Vodacom to complete processing the cancellation/termination either by telephonic or email notification
Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up Service device terms and conditions
16. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up Service device is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
17. The Vodacom Mobile Back-up Service shall be accessed through a mobile modem and a SIM that is compatible to operate with the Vodacom Fibre subscriber premises equipment installed for purposes of receiving the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services; and
18. Vodacom reserves the right to change the model of the mobile modem that may be offered to the subscriber.
19. Mobile modem device warranty terms and conditions
The mobile modem device is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
20. The mobile modem has a 24-month warranty and the validity of the warranty shall be subject to the mobile modem being used in conjunction with the subscriber premises equipment installed for purposes of receiving the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services.
21. The mobile modem warranty period commences on the date of the subscriber’s acceptance
of delivery of the mobile modem by the subscriber.
22. A functionally faulty mobile modem may be substituted for a replacement by the subscriber or an approved installer.
23. Vodacom reserves the right to replace a mobile modem with any other alternative mobile modem provided that the mobile modem has the same technical and functional specifications as the mobile modem that is subject to the replacement.
24. The warranty on a replacement mobile modem will be valid for the balance of the initial warranty period.
25. The mobile modem warranty shall be voided if damage is caused by malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorized repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object into the device.
26. The mobile modem warranty shall be repudiated if the modem was used in conjunction with any other devices than the Vodacom Fibre subscriber premises equipment.
27. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service has a capped monthly data allocation.
28. Upon the depletion of the mobile data allocation throughout the duration of a calendar month, a subscriber’s access to the Mobile Back-Up Service shall be suspended until a new monthly allocation is made at the commencement of the calendar month, alternatively subscriber may re- activate the service by purchasing a Mobile Back-up data Top Up bundle
29. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service will only work in conjunction with the CPE provided as part of the Vodacom Fibre service contract.
Roll Over and Transfer of Data Bundle
30. . The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up data bundle is valid for a period of 30 days.
31. . The bundle allocated to you shall reset to full allocation on the 1st day of every month.
32. Vodacom shall provide you with the capability to roll over an unused bundle.
33. You may roll-over the unused bundle within the period starting from the 7th day before the current month end until the last day of that specific month.
34. The roll-over bundle shall be valid for a period of one month following the roll-over.
35. In the event where the Top-Up Bundle is purchased, you acknowledge and agree that:
a. The Top-Up Bundle shall be consumed first before reverting to the allocated Bundle.
b. Top-Up bundle shall be rolled over, only in instances where an additional Top-
Up bundle is purchased before expiry of the current Top-Up Bundle
c. The validity of the rolled over Top-Up Bundle will be the same as the validity of the additional Top-Up Bundle
36. You shall be able to transfer data between like-for-like Services i.e. Vodacom Fibre Mobile Backup service to Vodacom Fibre Mobile Backup service
37. The bundle may be transferred within the period starting from the 7th day before the current month end until the last day of that specific month.
38. The transferred bundle shall be valid for a period of one month following the transfer.
39. Top-Up bundle that is transferred shall retain its initial expiry date.