Terms and Conditions
1. Night Shift Subscription service is available to Prepaid (excluding Prepaid 79c customers) and Top Up Customers.
2. The Night Shift Subscription service is not available to Postpaid, Community Service and CST Management SIM’s;
3. The 7-day service will run for 7 days from date of activation, and the 30-day service will run for 30 days from date of activation.
4. You will have 60 minutes, daily, to make FREE on-net calls from 12am - 5am (Video calls are excluded from the offering).
5. Calls outside the Night Shift time window (12am to 5am) will be charged at your applicable tariff plan.
6. When your 60 FREE minutes have been used, all calls made during the Night Shift period will be charged at your applicable tariff plan.
7. Conference calls will be included in the Night Shift subscription service and the initiator of the call will be charged from his/her Night Shift bundle.
8. “Call sponsored” calls will not be zero-rated at and will be charged at the Prepaid and Top Up customers’ tariff plan as per the existing Call Sponsor rules.
9. The following call types will not be free in the Night Shift period:
9.1. Roaming Calls
9.2. International calls
9.3. Premium rated calls
9.4. Video Calls
9.5. Through Connect
9.6. Reverse Charge
9.7. SMS, MMS, Data
9.9. General Service calls
9.10. VAS calls
9.11. Directory Enquiry calls
9.13. Message forwarding
9.14. Fax Out dial
Night Shift Recharge Allocation:
1. The recharge allocation is only available to qualifying Prepaid and Top Up customers.
2. Daily Free Calls and Prepaid 79c customers are excluded from the Night Shift recharge, and will not receive the allocation on recharges of R12 or more. Customers with an active allocation who migrate to Daily Free Calls will forfeit their Night Shift allocation.
3. Night Shift Recharge allocation is not available to Postpaid, Community Service and CST Management SIMs.
4. Prepaid and Top Up customers are required to recharge with R12 or more (on a single recharge) and will receive 7 days of FREE calls from 12am till 5am daily.
5. The allocation only applies to “on-net” voice calls (Vodacom to Vodacom) made from 24h00 till 05h00, (including qualifying “CallBack” calls).
6. Qualifying customers will be limited to 60 minutes of Night Shift calls daily.
7. Customers who qualify for the Night Shift allocation through a recharge (recharge of R12 or more) will only receive one (1) free Night Shift allocation subscription regardless of the number of subsequent qualifying recharges within that 7-day Night Shift period and will only receive one (1) refund per 7-day period.
8. Calls going between the Time Windows will be applicably charged for.
9. Recharges via airtime transfer will not activate the Night Shift allocation.
10. The Night Shift allocation will over-ride the Vodacom4Less discounts for qualifying customers.
11. 4U customers who are on the Airtime Discount Loyalty tariff plan (through Talking Points) will also be eligible to participate.
12. “Call sponsored” calls will not be zero-rated at and will be charged at the Prepaid and Top Up customers’ tariff plan as per the existing Call Sponsor rules.
13. Customers who qualify for Night Shift will receive a SMS confirming their participation upon their qualifying recharge.
14. The following recharges are included in the offering:
- All physical & Electronic recharges more than R12
- All Flexi recharges more than R12
- All Instant Top Up recharges more than R12
15. The following recharges/ vouchers are excluded from the Night Shift Recharge allocation:
- Big Bonus Voucher
- Prepaid Passport Voucher
- R120 Incomer Voucher
- R49 SMS voucher
- R5 and R10 voucher
- All Airtime transfer transactions
- All flexi‘s lower than R12
- SMS and Data bundle purchases
- Blackberry, MEEP and HSDPA purchases
- Rewards Company recharges
- Any Vodacom Add Money corrections, etc.
- Recharge Type FX (manual fixes)
- SIGI recharges
- SIGI Management Recharges
- Starter Pack pre-loaded airtime
- Top Up subscription credit
- Emagine recharges/refunds
16. The following call types will not be free in the Night Shift period
- Roaming Calls
- International calls
- Premium rated calls
- Video Calls
- Through Connect
- Reverse Charge
- SMS, MMS, Data
- General Service calls
- VAS calls
- Directory Enquiry calls
- Message forwarding
- Fax Out dial
17. Customers will only receive one 7-day Night Shift access in a 7 day period irrespective of the number of recharges performed within that period. For example: If you recharge with R12 on Monday you will receive 7 days FREE Night Shift. Should you recharge again on Wednesday in the same week you will not get another 7 days of Night Shift - you will need to recharge on day 8 to qualify again.
18. The duration of the allocation may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
19. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any entry or participant for any reason, and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
20. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and/or the reward allocation process.
21. Vodacom assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
22. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this allocation is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
23. There are no additional charges for participating.
24. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the allocation and/or these terms and conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
25. Vodacom may refuse to award the airtime value if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason.
26. Vodacom may in its sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendment shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on its website.
27. The allocation is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to the use of the participants cellphone and as well as the terms and conditions applicable to prepaid airtime.
28. Vodacom reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this allocation, without notice at any time and no liability shall lie against Vodacom, in favour of any participant or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination.
29. If the allocation held is to be or becomes unlawful or if Vodacom is required by the Minister of Trade and Industry or the National Lotteries Board to alter any aspect of the allocation, Vodacom reserves the right to suspend or terminate the allocation immediately and without notice, in which event all participants agree waive any rights that they have in terms of the allocation and accept that no recourse will lie against Vodacom.